Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The wait begins

I am sure that your palette has been wet by the Old Sol Wheatwine, and the questions has started to come. In and attempt to quell your curiosity, I just got an update from Bill, the Old Wooly Barleywine is currently being brewed, as in right this moment. It takes two consecutive brews on our little system that would to get the 11 or so barrels of liquid gold. It is then aged for about the next 6 months until its release date, December 1st every year. Last year was a day and night to remember, we had one of our busiest days on record, and no one wanted to leave. All good things come to an end. There you have it, but like with all good things there is a wait. Let your wait begin. I just totally butchered those cliches.

We have lost two beers, the Hopfest came and went and the Dublin Stout has left as well, we have replaced one with Yardbird, our American Wheat beer. Just in time for the heat which I am assured is coming. They are predicting temperatures in the mid to high 90's for the next couple of days. We have a/c and after the length of the winter we all just endured up here, I will take a hot and dry for awhile.

In other news. Sarah is taking a creative writing class, ask her about it she will be surprised. I think the theme is "what my pet did this summer" or from the pet's perspective "what I did this summer"

I just got back from one of my favorite places on the planet, Oakridge, OR. I participated in the 12th annual Cascade Creampuff, a 100 mile mountain bike race. I had the pleasure of trying some local Eugene, OR beer while there. This my second trip down to the Eugene area this year, while I didn't get to meet Jaime of Ninkasi Brewing I did get to taste his Total Domination IPA and quite enjoyed it. Here is a pic that makes this author look a little mad. At this point in the race my girlfriend handed me a Porter that Wade made just for the race, damn it tasted good after 8 plus hours of riding. I just had a few more to go. Gave me some energy when I was really low. I have recovered a bit and am back to work this evening.

No comments: