Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What a sucess...


The Mother of all Father's day festivals was very well run and attended. Thank you Lisa. Thank you Arlen. WABL had somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 new members sign up just before the event. They did get a really cool larger tasting glass for doing so. I really wanted one, they were pretty damn cool. While my mission was to get lots and lots of pictures it just didn't happen, there was just too much good beer to be had. That and who really wants to see a large crowd of people drinking beer. We have all been there at one time or another. Not always too much to see. I did snap a few pictures of the keg toss and a few of the attendees. I will make an effort to take more pictures at upcoming events.
Bill will be adding to this post real soon, so I won't go on and on about all the good beers what I liked, or didn't. Decade was a big hit, of course, as was the Big Dance Oaked Imperial Ale. More than once people came asking for it by name and say "it was the best, they heard and the wanted to get some before it was gone."
I am in the process of getting a flickr account up and rolling, after running around and getting the Old Sol shirts approved. They are outstanding. With help from the guys at Destee Nation, they really know what they are doing, so flexible, samples etc. If you ever need shirts these are the gentlemen to go to. Old Sol comes out in two days. I am sure I will be seeing you all there.

Awhile back I mentioned that Teri was the inspiration Kevin needed to make the Old Sol, well recently I found out that she is on a cross country journey, a vision quest of sorts, brewing her way across the country. She is documenting it here. It is worth the read, talk about having some fun.

I will leave you with a few pics from the festival, remember when attending a beer festival in the northwest, beards and utilikilts are part of the uniform.

Drew and Arlen MC the Keg toss. I don't know if you can see it but Drew is wearing his Kilt.

The last contestant in his windup for the Keg Toss.

The Trophy

The man himself Kevin Forhan


Like I said, I really didn't take many pics. Next time, next time. Hopefully Bill will grace us with his words real soon. See you Thursday for the Old Sol release.

No comments: