Saturday, December 8, 2007

Holidaze....

Everything seems to be picking up speed as I get older. I say that with hesitation because as a kid I always overheard my father say things like, " just yesterday you were 3", or "who are you, you don't look like my son, he is much younger," or "enjoy it, it only picks up speed as you get older." Not to say I am old, I am not a big fan of young people, like me only younger, talking about how old they are. Getting carded will never get old to me, I like it, unlike the ungrateful 24 year olds who have trouble showing their ID's because according to them, "they are old." To which I always respond with something like"watch yourself" or "get used to it." Alas it seems like yesterday that we were tasting Old Wooly 2006 and here we are tasting the 2007 and about to head in to the New Year. What are your resolutions? I know it is a bit early, but life has a way of happening and soon the day will be upon us. I am trying to come up with a good one, or two that I can hopefully stick with for awhile, if not the whole year.

Breakfast in a Glass is our Old Rip Oatmeal Stout "dry hopped" with some Stumptown Coffee. It is delicious and we have joked about serving it with a strip of bacon, or a cup of eggs. It has all the essential vitamins and minerals you need for a healthy start to your day. Come in and get it, it won't last long.

The Bulliet Bourbon Old Rip was a hit at the Brouwer's Big Wood Fest, if you got to try it you were lucky we made one keg and it is now gone. Just like the passing of time. We have really experimented with the Old Rip this time around, have you noticed?

What's new: I know that Bill recently brewed a new Hopfest using Liberty Hops, look for that in the not so distant future.

Come in and enjoy it because before you know it, it will be gone. Old Wooly is quiet amazing this year, we are starting to run low on the bottles, and are over halfway through the batch. Come on in and show us some love.

1 comment:

JKdrummer said...

I bought two bottles of OW and now they're headed for the East Coast! Spread the love.